• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAM issues with AE

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this kind of thing has been covered a lot, but I think I'm having RAM issues but I'm not sure. I have AE running on a PC with Windows 10 and 64Gb RAM. I've allocated 48Gb to AE. I'm rendering a project that's complex but not crazy-complex. When I render a section AE says it's only using 2% of the RAM. Is that normal? Seems very low to me.  MAybe I have a RAM issue overall? ANy advice is appreciated.   

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any exact details about the project and more precise system info none of that means anything. You could simply be using features and effects that are fully hardware accelerated and AE is just breezing through, not needing to cache to RAM. That being the case, unless you experience issues liek the render time being extremely long or content not rendering there is very likely nothing to worry about. and of course you can test this hypothesis easily by creating a reasonably complex project (or downloading one) and observing the differences in behavior. Otherwise simply more info is needed to determine if something is wrong.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say rendering do you mean rendering, or do you mean previewing?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering.  The render queue indicates the percentage of RAM being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After Effects will only use as much RAM as it needed to render the frame.  Having more than that allows for longer Previews and minimizes out of memory errors, but doesn't make it faster (that would be processor speed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines