Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ray - traced shadow mode in Element 3D crashes After Effects

Participant ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
When I go to my Element effect -> Render Settings -> Shadows tick enable and put the Shadow Mode to Ray-Traced the program immediately crashes. It says "After Effects has stopped working" and closes.
I am with 24 gb ram, gpu gtx 950(4gb), cpu core i7 quad.
Thank you in advance for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Nothing to fix. You simply need a different graphics card. Raytrace shadows in E3D are very particular about where they work almost to the point of being as limited as AE's own Raytrace 3D. Of course you can try the usual like updating and fiddling with your graphics driver, but I wouldn't waste too much time on it. these are simply limitations inherent in the plug-in and the methods it uses for its magic.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to fix. You simply need a different graphics card. Raytrace shadows in E3D are very particular about where they work almost to the point of being as limited as AE's own Raytrace 3D. Of course you can try the usual like updating and fiddling with your graphics driver, but I wouldn't waste too much time on it. these are simply limitations inherent in the plug-in and the methods it uses for its magic.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I also thought the same thing. I guess I'll be going with the other Shadow Mode until I get a new card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I guess the cause is related to your graphic card and the version of Element 3D. One of my recommended solutions is you download and upgrade the version of Element 3D. Please uninstall and reinstall, using the full installer, not a patch installer. Some more information is below.

VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professional...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One more tip:

- Comps Larger than 1080p - This is somewhat normal for GPU's. Comps using Element that are larger than 1080p may cause problems if the GPU runs out of memory.  One possible solution to lower memory requirements is to set the Element render settings before you start working. To do this you could do the following:

1. Turn on the Caps Lock to avoid rendering

2. Add Element to a layer

3. Turn Multi-Sampling down to 2-4 which will lower the memory requirements

4. To improve Anti-Aliasing (But slow render) turn on Super-Sampling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the tutorial you just made for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines