Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Green screen with moving camera

Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I am trying to complete a green screen keying task, except it involves some moving stock footage of a green screen tv. I know how to key with a still camera, but this shot is panning.

What method should I use? I notice there is some handles on each edge of the tv. Is this to help me camera track or something?

Please let me know how to do a professional job at this. I know how to scale and rotate the underlying footage but no idea how to keep the television footage locked into the screen and composition.

Thankskeying eg..png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to clean the key created by keylight. You can do it working on the screen matte Category (set the View Option into Screen Matte so you can view what are you doing) and with the help of some other effects like Advanced Spill Supressor and Key Cleaner. Then, you need to create a good 4 point tracker to insert whatever you want in the screen. You can do it with the included Mocha AE, and you can review some of the basics using mocha in this link https://borisfx.com/videos/?tags=product:Mocha%20AE&search=

The final step should be a color correction to match the inserted screen with the background clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips, I will attempt this technique tomorrow. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a shot like this I usually motion stabilize the shot so the screen doesn't move in the frame, I insert the new screen, then I put the motion back in the shot and add it to the screen replacement. Depending on the shot and the amount of perspective shift this can be done using Motion Staibilze in the Motion Tracking panel or by using a workflow I call Stabilized Power Pin using Mocha AE and CC Power pin. Here's the workflow for Stabilized Power Pin. 

And here's an earlier version of the same workflow where the goal was replacing a TV screen. The way you get power pin data into the timeline is different from the older version of Mocha, but the workflow is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for the video tutorials and tips. I will let you know how I get on in 24 hrs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines