Exit

Red Giant Universe - Camera Shake Effect Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the lastest version of AE

On Windows

I applied the Camera Shake effect (not the transition...that works) in AE and Premiere but nothing happens. 

Any help in getting that to work?

thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

"Thank you for contacting the Maxon support team. This is an issue that's been reported to us. Our team is currently working on this issue and a fix should be included in the next Universe release. 

Currently, the only workaround I have is to rollback Universe. Use the Maxon App to uninstall Universe then reinstall by clicking Install>Other Versions>5.0.1."

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your actual settings, what layer/ footage you apply the effect to, system info and so on we can't tell you much. Perhaps soemthing needs to be pre-composed, perhaps you chose settings that somehow accidentally cancel each other out. Impossible to say.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work on precomps or exports.

It's every time I put it on anything.

It's stopped working on old projects that it used to work fine on.

As in, it used to work and now it doesn't... for anything.

There's no other effects. I've applied it directly. I've applied it on precomps. I've exported and then applied it to that. I've tweeked settings. I've turned my computer off and on. I've cleared all memory and disk cache. I've reverted back to previous AE versions.

I've given it many many different ways to show that it still works.

It just stopped working while the other Universe effects are just fine.

If you need more information feel free to ask. I'm not a regular on this board and I'm just looking to get my work back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thank you for contacting the Maxon support team. This is an issue that's been reported to us. Our team is currently working on this issue and a fix should be included in the next Universe release. 

Currently, the only workaround I have is to rollback Universe. Use the Maxon App to uninstall Universe then reinstall by clicking Install>Other Versions>5.0.1."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your experience and the workaround! Same issue, it just stopped working, cold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'll add that this workaround fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is still present in the latest universe release and premiere pro 2022.

I can sometimes get the camera shake to play in the timeline, but when rendering out I get a black screen only,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines