• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render out of AE CC no h.264 option render queue

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In cs6 you could directly render out of AE to h.264 via render queue.

Now there is no option in the dropdown, only avi, jpg sequence. dpx  etc. is this intentional to have to use AME to render out?

thanks

Oli

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roken83 wrote:

ofc it is intentional this way you force more people to buy or pay for access to AME. before we could just use AE to handle it all and it was working perfectly fine, now Adobe is gutting the app to force it's users to pay more for more applications.

Adobe isn't trying to get you to pay more. As Tim points out, AME is included with AE.

Don't forget, you also get Cinema 4D Lite and Character Animator  with your AE subscription - so you're really getting four apps for the price of one here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm calling BS on all these excuses from Adobe for removing h.264 encoding from AE.

My understanding is that the use of the h.264 encoder requires software publisher pay a royalty on every copy they sell. While Adobe has had the price of that royalty built into their own pricing model for years they've probably figured out that if they remove it from AE and other programs (Premiere, etc.) and force them all to go through one encoder than those royalties go strait on their profit margins.

Money is always the motive for this kind of corporate ignorance. I'm not impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful theory, neverville.

As I understand it, the decision had to do with avoiding duplicating development on both the Render Queue and AME, nothing to do with paying out royalties.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to chime in here too with a recent frustration.

My office has both CS6 and CC2017 installed on my machine for reasons I won't get into here. I do a lot of banner work that use MP4 video content. What irks me to no end is that I can export my comps (300x250, 23fps, 15 seconds, usually no audio) out of CS6 to its native h264 renderer and control the quality from a number of angles. In particular, a 0-100 slider for quality where I can dial in the file size, which is of extreme importance in the ad banner world. In a recent case, I was able to export to a 1.2mb file with a decent quality directly from AE CS 6, but if I export from CC2017 to AME, no amount of tweaking I try, including dialing the data rate to it's lowest possible target of .19mb, produces anything less than a 4.2mb file.

What REALLY REALLY frustrates me is that there is absolutely no trusting the Estimated File Size readout at the bottom of the screen, since at the above settings, it tells me the file should be 375k. If I choose to use CC2017, I have to first export out to a lossless file and then open it with a third party application, specifically Quicktime Pro (and on another machine for budgetary reasons) in order to get a good quality, low file size video for use in the banners.

I'd really appreciate an explanation for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ckjedi,

Sorry for this frustrating behavior. If you would not mind, please report all quality issues here. That way, they will be directed to the product team. They have the tech to actually correct these errors.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reported the problem as requested. I still believe it belongs in this discussion however. At the very least it's a public declaration of what I'm experiencing and perhaps one others have experienced as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting CKJedi.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What exactly is AME used when rendering out compressed files, I'm so confused as to how to compress files without H.264 and I cant find the AME anywhere either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines