Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering error while writing to file in After effects CS 5

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem with After Effects CS 5 on Windows 7 64 bit.

When I try to render out quicktime formats in After Effects I get an error message:

---------------------------

After Effects error: Rendering error while writing to file "E:/ . Unable to open file. (-1610153459)

--------------------------

Rendering  to other drives, like C: or D: works fine but as soon as I try to render to the E partiton

I get this error.... It must have something to do with permissions on that partition.

I dont want to reinstall windows,- any help would be wonderful.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

I was having a similar problem where After Effects, Premiere, and Sony Vegas could not create QT files on certain drives. After a lot of forum searching I finally found a solution thanks to a tip from Rob Maybury on CreativeCow.net

It looks like QT will only write to drives with a unique name. My volumes were set up as follows (looking at Windows File Explorer)

•     Local Disk (C:)
  •     New Volume (F:)
  •     New Volume (G:)
  •     New Volume (H:)

I could create files in C: and F: but not in G: and H:. After

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem on Windows 7 64bit too. I was rendering to a sata drive that had a folder on it mapped to a network drive. I reformatted the drive and it rendered to it just fine. After that, I remapped the network drive back to the same folder location on the drive and immediately the render error came back. This time, I tried to render by picking the mapped network drive and it rendered just fine. I can't however render to the actual drive root. I'm going to move the folder that I map as a network drive to a different physical drive so my render drive will not have the network mapping associated with it. Really weird but at least I got it figured out on my machine. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar problem where After Effects, Premiere, and Sony Vegas could not create QT files on certain drives. After a lot of forum searching I finally found a solution thanks to a tip from Rob Maybury on CreativeCow.net

It looks like QT will only write to drives with a unique name. My volumes were set up as follows (looking at Windows File Explorer)

•     New Volume (F:)
  •     New Volume (G:)

I could create files in C: and F: but not in G: and H:. After changing the Volume names so they all were unique:

•     SSD Volume (F:)
  •     Main Volume (G:)

I could now create files on any drive.

To change the Volume name, right click on the drive and select 'rename' or bring up the properties window and rename it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem.  pfm_nj's solution worked like a charm.  Thanks for posting!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Best and probably the ONLY solution.

Thanks a million ton!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it really worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many years I found the solution and it so funny that quicktime care about volume drive.
I think it's because of different way to address files in mac and win.
Anyway thank you so much "pfm_nj's" . It work very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same issue and this helped me so much thanl you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the render would fail if I export audio as AAC but works with Uncompressed. Using After Effects CC (2015.3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

아..진짜 감사합니다.. 정말 어디에도 안나오던데 안되던게 바꾸니까 바로 되네요!

Thanks a lot...:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines