Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering Issues

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Am a beginner to AE, Using a high end machine from a friend 128 GB RAM , NVIDIA Quadro p6000 24GB GPU, but still a downloaded template which is about 10 Seconds long with no plugins takes about 20 mins to Render in Full Resolution . I am sure that some settings is missed & the rendering is probably not happening from GPU. Please can someone point me to a checklist of items . Tried many from youtube tutorials but still rendering time has not come down from 16-20 mins. Is that normal even after such a heavy config!? Please help. Many thanks.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the number of layers and effects included, if those layers are 3D, if you have 3D lights and cameras, etc. I think 16min could be reasonably for a 10sec composition with 3D layers and effects included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already pointed out by Mr. panadero it sounds perfectly normal if you've enabled a few bells & whistles like 3D, motion blur, DOF or similar.Any assessment beyond that would depend on knowing the exact details of your template and the exact spoecs of the machine as well as render settings and all that good stuff. There are a ton of factors that influence how AE renders stuff and since this clearly is a case of flase expectations/ assumptions vs. reality I would suggest you try to educate yourself on the matter to better be able to gauge such things. There's literally hundreds of posts here on this forum under subjects like "How to optimize performance?" and similar where my colleagues and I have explained some of the finer points over and over again. In any case, if you're serious about getting into AE, you need to get used to those rendering times being part of the game and plan for it in your projects.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Both for your response - really appreciate it.

https://elements.envato.com/realistic-war-logo-intro-N84JHWG This is the template i had tried to render - just replaced the text with a value Hello 🙂 . The machine is Dell workstation-  Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6134 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz , 128 GB RAm , 24GB NVIDIA quadro P6000..

in AE - File project settings Video rendering & settings is set to Mercury GPU CUDA already , In edit preferences ram allocation is maximum , 

holding shift edit general - secret - both checkboxes selected & purge set to 2 frames. 

I switch on Caps lock before adding to render queue & render - Still same time . If this is expected then obviously just need to start getting used like Mylenium mentioned :)- Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it apparently uses 3D extrusions, which is all there is to say about the matter. Since they are based on the slow old Standard Cinema 4D renderer, they can increase render times by a factor ofd 20 easily. Without that the project would likely render in 5 minutes or less.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines