Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset custom effect UIs?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2007 Mar 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've built an effect plugin which has 2 custom UIs in it. I want to reset these UIs to their default states when the user clicks the plugin's "Reset" hyperlink, but I can't figure out how to do so. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Neil
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset triggers PF_Cmd_SEQUENCE_RESETUP, so update any stuff on which your custom UI depends while responding. What param streams are behind your custom UIs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PF_Cmd_SEQUENCE_RESETUP doesn't get called when I click Reset.

I've got PF_OutFlag_SEQUENCE_DATA_NEEDS_FLATTENING set in order to flatten/unflatten the sequence data. The Resetup command does get called for the Open/Save/Duplicate events.

The only command that gets called when I click Reset is PF_Cmd_USER_CHANGED_PARAM, because I specified PF_ParamFlag_SUPERVISE on 2 other params (not the 2 custom UI ones).

The custom UIs are created with PF_ADD_NULL, which I believe has no data stream. I tried changing them to PF_ADD_COLOR but PF_Cmd_SEQUENCE_RESETUP still didn't get called when I clicked Reset.

The reason I'm using PF_ADD_NULL is because I don't want the custom UI param to appear in the Timeline panel.

Thanks,
Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2007 Apr 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ahhhh.

Saving the state information in the sequence data (along with a flag that tells you whether or not they're initialized) should do the trick. I don't think you can supervise null params, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines