Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Round line join?

Explorer ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to draw a simple L-shaped line with a rounded join, like this:

I use the pen tool to draw the basic L shape. When I look under Contents > Shape > Stroke, I see that there is a setting for Line Join = Round Join, but choosing that doesn't alter the line at all. I'm guessing there's some simple way to turn a sharp corner into a rounded corner, but I can't seem to find it... Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019
When I look under Contents > Shape > Stroke, I see that there is a setting for Line Join = Round Join, but choosing that doesn't alter the line at all.

it will round the join but if you have no bezier handles it will look like this:

if you want a curved corner, you can create 2 vertices before and after the corner and use the bezier handles with the convert vertex tool (pen tool+alt key). like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look under Contents > Shape > Stroke, I see that there is a setting for Line Join = Round Join, but choosing that doesn't alter the line at all.

it will round the join but if you have no bezier handles it will look like this:

if you want a curved corner, you can create 2 vertices before and after the corner and use the bezier handles with the convert vertex tool (pen tool+alt key). like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ohhh...I thought there would be something like how the curved corners work in Illustrator or InDesign... Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines