Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save shape layer's name AND/OR text layer's name when making a preset

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2024 Sep 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to make a few presets and i need to save the names as a property. 

• Slider's effect name
  • Shape name
  • Text name

This is a print of my expressions and the reason i need to save the shape layers and text layers NAMES in my presets.

Capture.JPG

I have felt the same need in other exemples but i share this one because i think it's a good one.

Can someone please tel me if that is possible to be made and how ?

Thank you

Isabel

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2024 Sep 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you rename properties in the Timeline or Effects Control Panel, you must move up the stack to include those name changes in an animation preset. For example, if you change the name of an Effects Control Slider to "Speed" and select Slider in the timeline, the changed name will not be included in the preset. Instead, spin up the Slider so only the Effect/New Name property is visible and select the new name.

Unfortunately, there is no way to save a Layer Name when creating an animation preset. You can only save properties that show up under the layer name in the timeline.

Once again, spin up all the properties below a renamed property and select only the renamed property to get the name change to be remembered in the Animation Preset. If you need layer names to be saved, you will have to learn how to create scripts for After Effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines