• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling down images causes quality loss in after effects

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import photos and videos that have high resolution they get very pixelated and bad quality as soon as I scale them down in after effects. I’ve never had a problem with scaling down images before and I don’t know how to solve this. The quality is great when I leave it at 100% but after I scale it down it turns really blurry, and if I scale it back up to 100% it looks great again? I’ve tried with multiple images and videos I know have worked before to scale down but the result remains the same. I have tried to export it as well just in case the quality only looked bad in the program but even the exported file has really bad quality. (Tried with both Media encoder and the render in Ae) I’ve tried to uninstall Ae, re install it and installed older versions but the problem is still there. please help me out 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any screenshots and critical info such as resolutions, comp settings and so on nobody can tell you much. Could be as trivial as having set a wrong layer quality, could be hardware acceleration issues, could be anything else. You definitely have to provide more details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I have the exact same issue. 

I am also new to adobe after effects and I am now working on my first ad (300x250). Whenever I try to import a jpeg, for example one with the resolution 3840x5182 it becomes blurry when I try to make it fit to the composition. I've tried both shift+drag and Fit to comp/height/width.

Composition settings also have Resolution: Full

Sabrina22587517h0gy_0-1641841836155.png

Sabrina22587517h0gy_1-1641841878801.png

Sabrina22587517h0gy_2-1641841951765.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines