• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling Video Feedback style effect

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm struggling to recreate this type of effect. I've scoured the whole internet to no avail. Is there an easy way to recreate this without copying and pasting layers and keyframing the movement? Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the Echo effect a try.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure the Echo effect would help here.  The subject isn't moving as much as a virtual camera is and the copies are off to one side before swinging round to the other. 

You might be able to achieve something similar with a nested comp and then the echo effect, but I think you'd get more control with duplicate 3D layers parented to the primary with the position and opacity set further and fainter.

helped.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sure if it's really important they could just license Sapphire and its video feedback effect...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines