Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting help to replace multiple layers randomly

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I want to be able to replace multiple layers in an After Effects comp with footage/pre-comps from the project panel at random. So, say if I had a 3x3 grid of layers in my comp, the script would select 9 layers from a selected folder in the project at random to replace them. I imagine it to not be a million miles away from Replace with Selected Comp (opt-CMD-/), but I don't have the requisite coding knowledget to adapt it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tom

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My upcoming extension Automation Blocks for Ae is currently in private beta testing phase and "programming" these kinds of little helpers is very easy with it. Here is an Automation Blocks script which does exactly what you described:

Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 14.24.16.png

If you want to join the private beta, please send me a PM and let me know your email address such that I can send you an invitation.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds really interesting! I'm DM'd you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, invitation is in your inbox 🙂

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines