• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripts: Access Denied, Undefined is not an object, Unable to Execute at line 1012

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE ISSUE:

When trying to run AE Scripts I get the following series of error messages - resulting in the script not being able to open/run:

1. After Effects warning: ERROR: Access is denied
2. extComms error, TypeError: undefined is not an object
3. After Effects warning: ERROR: Access is denied
4. Unable to execute script at line 1012. undefined is not an object

COMPUTER DETAILS:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

Ram: 64GB

AE VERSIONS:

I've tried version AE  22.0 to 23.0

WHAT I HAVE ALREADY TRIED:

1. After Effects Versions: I have tried all versions from 22.0 to the current release of 23.0  - same result

2. I've enabled "Allow Scripts to write files and access network" -- enabled JavaScript Debugger, enabled "Expression Pick Whip Writes Compact English" and  "Show Warning Banner When Project Contains Expression Errors"

3. Disabled the home screen

4. I wiped my computer clean and did a fresh install -- from the OS to the applications.

5. I've disabled the anti-virus and firewall protection

I've run out of solutions and don't know why this is happening. Can someone help? Thanks!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about scripts from aescripts.com, make sure you've downloaded the latest version of the script, then if it's still not working open a support ticket here:

https://aescripts.com/contact/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Paul, for reaching out.

I have the latest scripts and have tried installing them both manually and through their script manager -- same result.

I opened a ticket with AEScripts.com and this was their reply:

"The access denied error and the name says, is literally that something is
denying access and as long that access is denied the software wont be able
to operate. 99% of the time this is due to a firewall but we cannot know
how you have your system setup to know what is actually blocking the
access. This is all external to after effects so the after effects version
won't have any effect on this."

That is what prompted me to disable the firewall and do a full wipe and reinstall of my system and apps. Still i have the same issue. It's so boggling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on your home computer or on a company network? It's possible there might be some other firewall stuff happening on a company network.

If you don't have any of my 'pt' scripts you could download a trial (click Try button) of one of them and see if that launches, although I'm not sure running as a trial would hit the same issue.

https://aescripts.com/pt_textedit/

Then open a support ticket for that product so it comes directly to me. I can't guarantee I'll be able to help. These issues can be tricky to resolve because as support say, they're often caused by things outside our control or understanding of the individual's setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DO have some of your scripts (=  Thanks for jumping in and helping! Oddly (or thankfully, rather) YOUR scripts DO work! They load, without issue.

I've been trying to access a few other scripts for a project: Rubberize and JoySticks_And_Sliders -- they aren't working.

I'm on a work computer (but work remotely). Our IT has been doing the heavy lifting on this - as we try to figure out why this is happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. My scripts are still running a slightly older version of the licensing framework as I've not got around to updating them yet, while the two you mentioned are up to date. I do need to get mine updated so that could be a useful experiment to rule this in or out as the issue.

But perhaps it could also be something that has changed on your end between when these different scripts were first installed / activated.

Please do open a support ticket for one of my scripts so we can discuss it more there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SO MUCH! I just opened a ticket in AEScripts for pt_Multiplane -- Ticket #1086092  

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines