Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape Layer - Incremental Repeater?

Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I can find numerous tutorials on using the repeater, but none that show incremental adjustment for spacing etc.

Does anybody know of one that covers this? I can't find anything on something that I would think is a pretty general topic. 

TOPICS
How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you mean by "incremental spacing".  All values in a repeater are uniform and absolute based on the repeater's transform property group. Everything outsiude that would require a differernt approach like nesting multiple groups and transforms or duplicating shapes manually. Anyway, it's realyl not clear what you mean, so provide a better explanation of what you are actually trying to do or struggling with, including screenshots.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I know what you're after, and the Repeater doesn't quite work like that, unfortunately. 

If you're working with relatively simple shapes, you can do a lot of this stuff with text animators, which give you a variety of ways to approach the spacing & more individualized controls per-character if you need it. 
https://youtu.be/plbsdkRhy8g

If this isn't what you're after, if you have a screenshot of your intended design, I'd be happy to help with other suggestions! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines