Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcuts related to text editing on Mac cannot be used

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to After Effects.

On Mac, there is a text editing shortcut feature so we don't have to move our right hand to the arrow keys when editing text. For example

control + H : Delete one character

control + B : Move the cursor back one character

control + F : Move the cursor forward one character

control + K : Erase all text behind the cursor

control + E : Move the cursor to the end of the sentence

and so son.

However, when I make these entries in the text entry field of After Effects, there is no response.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know what application you use that uses any shortcuts to edit text. Ctrl + B makes selected text Bold on the forum field in Pages or Word, but it does not work in Photoshop,  Illustrator, After Effects, Davinci, Final Cut, or any other image or video editing app I know of. Ctrl + H hides most apps on a Mac. Cmnd + H will also hide apps on Windows. 

The only keyboard shortcuts for editing text that I know of that could speed up text editing in After Effects are Ctrl/Cmnd + b for Bold and Ctrl/Cmnd + i for Italics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines