• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Waveform Using Extend Script

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to code a script that displays the waveforms for all layers in a comp that have an audio component. Essentially the same as pressing 'L' shortcut twice, except I'm looking to run a script that does this for every layer in every comp in the project. 

Basically, I'm looking to enable the waveform and also show the audio level keyframes, and the opacity keyframes all at once, for every layer in every comp. 

How can I use extend script to get (to start with) just the waveform showing in the timeline?

I tried: 

var item = app.property.activeItem;
item.property("Opacity").enabled = true;
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's possible since the .elided attribute is read only. You likely will have to instate a fake event listener that mimics the keyboard inputs, if at all.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have thought that pressing the shortcut key would execute some kind of command, but trying something like: 

app.executeCommand(app.findMenuCommandId("Show/Hide Audio Levels)"));

Returns 0 (I'm assuming that's a not found)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that I have no better answer. But like Mylenium I suspect that this is not possible, unfortunately.

The only workaround that comes to my mind is that your script could execute a command line tool which simulates keyboard shortcuts. But this will be a very dirty hack and not really reliable if possible at all.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay shame, appreciate you both jumping in to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines