• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slider Control range in ExtendScript

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, i'm not sure if this is the rigth forum but i'll try anyway. Does anyone knows how to define the range (minimum e maximum values) of a Slider Control created by ExtendScript? 

I'm pretty new in scripts techniques and i found this link https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/modify-slider-range-with-script/m-p/1057891... but i don't even understand where to put this code, seems to me that it could work in expressions fields inside AE but not in the code editor. 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a scripting function to set the range of a slider, unfortunately. The only workaround I know of is to save the slider with the range you want as an animation preset and then apply the animation preset whenever you want to create a slider with that range.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mathias, thank you for your attention. Unfortunately it won't work for me because the slider control, as all the components of the comp, will be created by a script that needs to run on any workstation. But thanks anyway!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, Mathias is an honor too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripting doesn't have access to the min and max values for a Slider Control. However, you could define your own slider with a pseudo effect by editing the PresetEffects.xml file. If you do that, you can set the min, max, and default values, then apply the effect with a simple script, save the effect off as a preset, which you could then apply via script. I think there are tools available to help with that process if you're not up for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan!!!, it is an honor for me, thank you for your attention!

I'm trying to build my 1st script/plugin, so i think my best choice will be build it with a dockable UI instead of using a slider control effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about creating a slider within your script UI, or is this a completely different approach than you originally had in mind? Because you can define min and max values for a UI slider, but they are a little tricky to deal with, as I recall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, a few lines ago i was thinking about, but rigth now i'm not that sure...

i want to expose a slider with a -100 to 100 range, i know that i can set any value injecting an expression in timeline and do some math, but it won't be friendly for users.

Maybe a graphic representation of a slider with a guide layer interface works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines