• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound crackling / popping when video exported via adobe media encoder

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been trying to solve a problem for last 3 days, 3 different adobe support guys tried (with taking over the computer) wihtout solving it.

Problem:

When exporting a video via Adobe Media Encoder from After Effects, the sound has crackling / popping in certain places, not often that you notice it easily, but often enough to be not usable. Problem is only when AME is export from AE.

* If I do the same thing in AME from hard drive file, there is no problem.

* If I export from After Effects (in any format), there is no problem.

What I've tried:

* Updating AME

* Using different project

* Saving audio file in different versions

* Precomping audio file

* Everything I could think of in AE alone

* Making comp longer 2-3 seconds and other suggetions of similar nature from adobe forums

* Using few AME versions

* Tried from AE CS6

* Using wav instead of mp3

* Switching from 48khz to 44 (both in AE and AME)

* Trying with 16 bit 48khz

* Bascially everything suggested from forums regarding wav/mp3/khz/bit etc.

What Adobe support tried:

* Cleaning AME settings and using different AME version (tried by 2 adobe supprt guys)

* Disabling my nvidia card and using plain windows driver

* Downlading Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool

Any help would be greataly appriciated.

TOPICS
Audio , Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do these pops only occur at edit points? Import the file and plce it in the Timeline to double check if this is the case.

Some additional info here — https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/audio-pops-only-in-exported-video-no-audio-pop-in-timeli...

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only 1 audio file without any editing (I did this to test it out)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read that thread few times. nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing this now in 2022 with a 3 hour video that took 16 hours to render. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an update from tech support that other users are having these issues too. As usual, adobe not doing anything to fix their never ending bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, no problem when I add to render from Premiere to AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some issues are difficult to nail down in terms of the cause. Then, there is the case of finding a solution. For now, proceed with a workaround and ensure you file a Bug Report. In your BR, I suggest you include OS and Hardware specs.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would proceed with workaround GLADLY. But what is the one?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this ever get resolved? I'm experiencing this now with the lastest version of everything in 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same thing. Fully updated software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, I have the same issuem. I know my audio is clean (I do audio production and it's a music track), but whenever I export it via media encoder there are random pops and clicks on the audio (I've tried changing the audio format, bla ample rate, ect... Ect.. Nothing seems to work, though I am thinking of using DaVinci out of frustration... it doesn't happen if I render out a lossless mov file, but that is an ungodly file size to deal with, so it defenatly is related to media encoder.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sure this is too late to help you 3 years later, but this was the only solution I was able to find, for anyone lese who comes here via google search down the road: rendering the project out via Adobe Premiere Pro instead of Media Encoder fixes it. Through a lot of troubleshooting I was able to determine the audio clipping was coming from Media Encoder itself, and so the only solution was not to use Media Encoder. I know this doesn't really help if you don't have access to something other than AE and ME, it's a start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines