• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spinning image but having it not be inverted

New Here ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. So I have a circle image and I want it to spin 360°, the issue is that when it’s mid rotation, the back of the image is inverted (which makes sense), but how do I make it so the text reads the same way on both sides of the image as it spins?

Basically, I want to recreate this but I only have the 2D png of it facing forward

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need two 3D layers in the same position with the same anchor point. Rotate one of the layers 180º on the Y-axis. Add this expression to Opacity for both layers:

toCompVec([0, 0, 1])[2] > 0 ? value : 0

@Parent the back layer to the front layer and animate the rotation or orientation values of the front layer. When they rotate, they will only be visible to the camera when they are right-side up. Save it as a custom animation preset. I've had it saved and used it for years. 

This gem comes from the Dan Ebberts Motionscript website. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines