• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split composition panel vertical, to have 2 views wide, one on top of the other

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me Split the composition panel vertical, to have 2 views wide, one on top of the other, like the image anex.

At the moment, I have to create a new composition window, to put it in a different view and place it on top of the original window.

TOPICS
Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like this:

RickGerard_0-1658500283854.gif

It's already built-in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I'm having to do, but it should be an actual split-screen option, as it used to be, and not work around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I don't ever remember the new view giving you a horizontal split, and I've been using After Effects for a very long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you've been using After Effects for as long as I have. Because before it was possible several split screen layouts in this menu.

Captura de tela 2022-07-23 143449.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Views menu is still available if you have a 3D layer. The options are two views with a horizontal split and four views as a checkerboard. You need a 3D layer to see the menu. 

RickGerard_0-1658600871714.png

You can right-click in an empty part of the Composition panel and access the Switch View menu without having a 3D layer. Earlier versions of After Effects had the option to stack multiple panels and drag the divider, which I miss, but I don't recall any option to split horizontally. I do miss the ability to rearrange the 4-views panel. Multiple views never had the opportunity to have a nested comp in a separate comp panel like this:

RickGerard_1-1658601862173.png

The New View option does not give you access to the different Active Camera, Top, Left, etc., views unless you have a 3D layer. It allows you to look at nested comps in another viewer. I believe it has always been a vertical split. 

I've been using After Effects since 1994 when it was an ALDUS product. I've been teaching After Effects and publishing tutorials since 1995. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you can see, we used to have a lot more options on how to split the screen. I wish adobe would come back with them.

Captura de tela 2022-07-25 105206.png

 The division into 2 screens that remains is the worst of the options we had 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines