• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split window not working properly

Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first started the program earlier today I was able to view split windows side by side. But recently when I try to do split windows I can't. When I double click a layer that layer is the only one that shows on the top. When I double click it shows on the bottom now.

The red arrow shows what happens when I double click a layer. As you see the current comp is the only thing up there. It does show up where the yellow arrow is though.

How double click works AE.png

This is how it supposed to work as I understand it. I don't have 2 windows up top, just the ones on the bottom

how I want double click AE.png

Is there a setting to change to make this work right? I'm sorry if I'm not using the proper terminology.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

If you double click a composition or a precomp on the timeline it will open a new are on the timeline.

If you double click a layer on the timeline it will open up a new window area next to the viewer window i.e a layer window

It seems you are double clicking a comp on the timeline,

Do this as a test: Import an image. Drag it to the timeline. Double click it. You will see what happens.

This should solve your problem

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double click a composition or a precomp on the timeline it will open a new are on the timeline.

If you double click a layer on the timeline it will open up a new window area next to the viewer window i.e a layer window

It seems you are double clicking a comp on the timeline,

Do this as a test: Import an image. Drag it to the timeline. Double click it. You will see what happens.

This should solve your problem

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did solve my problem. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are very welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines