• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stardust Plugin: Wrapping an OBJ with an animated texture.

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to wrap an animated texture comp around an OBJ model using Stardust? In the attached example, I was trying to wrap the dog in the background animation. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's easily possible since the projection is based on the OBJs default UV set or simple mapping modes. AFAIK there is no "camera projection" mode as it seems would be needed here. You're trying to make the dog "invisible" and blend with the background, right? This may be a case where you can't avoid using Cinema 4D and set up a scene there or you may need to explore other plug-ins like Element 3D or the new Helium from the same people that make Stardust.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah fair enough! The reason I thought this might be doable is because I managed to map the same animated texture to a distorted plane model using stardust (see attached), but I just couldn't figure out how to create the same effect with the OBJ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines