• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop on last frame and hold indefinitely

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make an animated text in After Effects and export it so it that stops on the last frame and just stays there. I don't want time remapping because eventually the time will run out and it will end. I want to use this in a presentation that I will talk about and I don't know how long that talk will be. I seem to remember that there was a way to do it but you had to export it somehow to Photoshop and then export it from there. Seems really complicated for such a simple project. Any ideas? Thanks.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Following on from the other suggestions - you might be worth looking at either a non-looping GIF (make your video in AE, then drop it into Photoshop and choose Save for Web - Legacy, then select GIF - 128 Dithered and at the bottom there's an option for looping) but I think a better option might be to use Adobe Animate.  In the past, when it was called Flash, you could build your own player - a lot simpler than it sounds.  I have no idea if this is still possible, but might be worth checking out

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have your timeline indicator on the frame that you want to freeze and go to the top of the interface layer/time/freeze frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects, Premiere Pro, Adobe Media Encoder, DaVinci, Final Cut Pro, Movie Maker, and even Handbrake all render movies. None of them will embed a tag that a media player will read that tells the player to hold the last frame of the video. There may be some video players that have that option. If there are, you will have to do that kind of setup in the media player, and it would be specific to that application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following on from the other suggestions - you might be worth looking at either a non-looping GIF (make your video in AE, then drop it into Photoshop and choose Save for Web - Legacy, then select GIF - 128 Dithered and at the bottom there's an option for looping) but I think a better option might be to use Adobe Animate.  In the past, when it was called Flash, you could build your own player - a lot simpler than it sounds.  I have no idea if this is still possible, but might be worth checking out.  I miss Flash 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! That worked just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines