• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange ghosting / residual image in Composition panel

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem where while scrolling around the timeline, or moving elements, I can see a sort of imprint of the previous frame - when movement stops, it disappears. See the attached screen recording.
Interestingly, something similar happens in Photoshop, but only when zooming/panning around the canvas.

I'm on a laptop with an RTX 3070 Laptop GPU. I've tried reinstalling the drivers from scratch and resetting the colour profile, but it didn't help.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Alright I managed to fix this (hopefully for good) by setting "Monitor Technology" to "Fixed Refresh" in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nuvicom07935152_0-1661855035371.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep at it. Clearly this is still a configuration issue with your graphics card. You may need to delve into the advanced settings of the NVidia panel and play around with the detailed settings. Unfortunately there's really no simple way to fix this from within the Adobe apps. You have to experiment.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright I managed to fix this (hopefully for good) by setting "Monitor Technology" to "Fixed Refresh" in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nuvicom07935152,

Thanks for taking the time to update the thread.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar issue, but it's worse. 

I'm seeing a residual image left over from my last project. 

I have a brand new project and an empty Composition but the image is still there. So much so that it shows up in the export. 

The Comp it's showing me also had its own issues. 

I was scaling up an icon and then using Opacity to remove that icon, but the image stayed. So I simply cut the layer off, but the image stayed. Then I went to export, and again the image stayed. 

Not sure what to do, all my cache has been removed. I don't know how this image survived from one Project to another, or why it's showing up in the export. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines