Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stretched and invsible text after installation

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a new font that I created in After Effects. During my first use, everything worked fine. But as soon as I open a composition project, the text box now looks squished, and the text is not showing up, even when changing font or restarting the system.

Could my font installation be linked to this ? I will try to uninstall the concerned font, then re-install it.

Thanks for your answers.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Check your Character panel on the right of the interface. You have 0% horizontal text scaling set. It should be 100%.

In fact you have a few 'unusual' settings in both Character and Paragraph panels.  If you want to reset them to more standard settings -- you'll need to reselect your font and point size after this -- you can go to the panel menu, the three lines in to top right corner of the panel, and select: Reset character / Reset paragraph from the bottom of the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT : The error is still here after uninstalling the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload a screenshot of your composition settings window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I cannot upload a screenshot, but I remember the settings :

Type : NTSC DV (lowest possible preset, to be shown on CRT monitor)

Resolution : 720 x 480

Framerate : 29.97

Background : black

Duration : 50 sec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using NTSC DV ? That's a historic format. It has a non-square pixel aspect ratio (0.91) - that's why your text is stretched. Set the pixel aspect ratio to Square Pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the NTSC DV profile to be sure that my image fits the screen resolution of the machine it will be shown on. 

Thanks a lot for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Character panel on the right of the interface. You have 0% horizontal text scaling set. It should be 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the ratio to Square Pixels, and even changed the quality to 1080p, but nothing has changed. Here are screenshots :

Here is what the composition looks like with a sample text.Here is what the composition looks like with a sample text.

I wrote a very basic string of letters. Adding letters does not affect the object size. The font used is MS Reference Sans Serif.

Capture2.PNG

When editing the element, writing does not affect the shape either. Selecting the text then copying it into another application works, meaning that the element is not empty.

Capture3.PNG

Changing the outline width has an effect on the size.

So it is clearly an issue with text having a "corrupted" or invalid format and not showing up. Even in 3D mode, I can move the object, but its dimensions on all axes are 0 (except height)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact you have a few 'unusual' settings in both Character and Paragraph panels.  If you want to reset them to more standard settings -- you'll need to reselect your font and point size after this -- you can go to the panel menu, the three lines in to top right corner of the panel, and select: Reset character / Reset paragraph from the bottom of the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike solved your problem. The settings that I highlighted make no sense at all. The only problem is user error:

Screenshot_2020-01-12 05.56.05_JZEODF.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your asnwer.

The text works perfectly fine !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines