Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stuck with 3D viewer

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we started a project with AE2020, and the viewer was in 3D mode, showing 2 views (active camera and top view).

For some reason we had to upgrade to AE2021, and now we're stuck with the double view, we can't find where to return to a standard one view for 2D work. The usual button is missing.

Anyone knows where this function has been moved?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Yeah they really messed up the viewing buttons- 

Create a camera or make a 3d object and the views buttons will appear.

Now I wish I could figure out where the "make active window" button went to...

Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah they really messed up the viewing buttons- 

Create a camera or make a 3d object and the views buttons will appear.

Now I wish I could figure out where the "make active window" button went to...

Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helps a tone! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and btw I just found out where they stuck the "Primary Viewer" button:

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 4.51.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They really did screw it up for absolutely no reason.  There are instances when I want multiple views even when working with 2D layers.  Those times are rare but they happen.  They should ask users before making UI changes like this.   There was absolutely ZERO reason to remove those items.  It pisse dme off today because they moved the time/frame display to the opposite side of the menu bar.

Sure it's dumb thing for me to get pissed about but it's a dumb thing for them to change.  Where things are in the interface is important to users and we devolope muscle memory to go to these areas.  Changing them for NO reason is, for lack of better terms, stupid and inconsiderate.  Adobe is the epitome of how growth destroys innovative and smart companies.  

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually they do, there is a public beta. This feature was in the beta for a few weeks before release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm NOT a beta tester.  I would never BE a beta tester for a company that releases new versions of their software evry 6 months (another STUPID idea).  I already act as "pseudo customer support" for Adobe and I take alot of the abuse that should be directed at the devs.   The person, or persons, responsible for this decision should NOT be making decisions.

They SHOULD feel stupid and ashamed.  Shame and feeling dumb is useful to intelligent people.  I will tell them (intelligently) why it's a STUPID idea just as soon as THEY explain to ME why it was a good idea.  

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They shouldn't feel stupid and ashamed, nobody should. They are people just like you. You are free to disagree on decisions, but at the end of the day nobody is here to cause harm to each other.

And no, shame and feeling dumb is not useful for anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right.  People "feelings" should take precedence over everything.  Tell everyone how awesome and beautiful and smart they are.  Pathetic,

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I don't agree with you but I have a feeling you would make a great voice actor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, guys. You're right. This issue slipped through our testing, and we apologize. We are working diligently to address a bunch of these kinds of issues. Incidentally, we release new beta versions of After Effects on a daily basis (new stable releases are issued monthly), so you can check out bug fixes as they come out. Again, apologies, we're on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, Tim:  If you release beta version "daily" then how is it that this could slip by unnoticed?   30 days of daily beta releases and nobody noticed?  C'mon. 

It's painfully obvious to nobody who matters that the constant daily/monthly/yearly releases have severely degraded the satbility of Adobe's applications across the board as well destroying the reputation of the company and it's developers.  The hate for Adobe is real and it is because of Agile developement and the constant Beta state of the applications.  But Adobe has been hearing this argument since this business model was adopted and has ignored it.  At this point, after years of degrading quality and ignoring the underlying issue it's entirely unreasonable to ask for our understanding and patience.

If you guys shouldn't feel ashamed then...who should?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads-up Tom!

I'm still having issues sending renders to AME (crashes AE every time).

Any update on that issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are aware of the issue and are working dillegently to adress it,  They apologize for any inconvenience it may be causing you and appreciate your patience.   Please let them know if you have any other questions.  :){

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, creggor. Have you submitted crash reports? If you do that, I can correlate your crash in our database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines