Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Animation - Character anchor point

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Bit of a random one that's bugged me for a while and I've never been able to figure out, hopefully somebody can help!

I want to animate the scale of the characters in a text later but notice the achor point is always sitting at the bottom of each character (see image below, have circled the anchor points).

Capture.PNG

I'd like to shift these achor points to the center on the text so the characters scale from the middle rather than the bottom, has anybody figured out a way to do this? Any help would be great!

Many thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Anchor Point Grouping and Grouping Alignment

Expand the Text Layer to reveal More Options.

Expand More Options to reveal Anchor Point Grouping and Grouping Alignment.

For Grouping Alignment, adjust the "y" value to a negative value to bring the Text Layer Anchor Point above the baseline.  A value of -38 to -42 works for most fonts.  I find it helpful to draw a horizontal guide through the vertical center if it needs to be more precise.

Use the Anchor Point Grouping to change between Char

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anchor Point Grouping and Grouping Alignment

Expand the Text Layer to reveal More Options.

Expand More Options to reveal Anchor Point Grouping and Grouping Alignment.

For Grouping Alignment, adjust the "y" value to a negative value to bring the Text Layer Anchor Point above the baseline.  A value of -38 to -42 works for most fonts.  I find it helpful to draw a horizontal guide through the vertical center if it needs to be more precise.

Use the Anchor Point Grouping to change between Character (the default), Word, Line, or All.

After Effects Text Layer with the Grouping Alignment set to 0, -40.5.After Effects Text Layer with the Grouping Alignment set to 0, -40.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're a gent! It's something that I've been scratching my head at for a while now thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines