• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is placed below path instead of on top

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My text is placed below the path instead of on top of it. I know there is an option to reverse path, but this wont solve the problem. If I do do it placed the text on top but also upside down. 

I'm exactly following the steps, see movie

--> Make a text. --> Select text and make a line with the pen tool. --> Text --> Path --> Mask 1

Please help me out! 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

If you want Text to follow a path, you should not drag out a text box, just select the Text tool, click and start typing. The text box will always foul up the placement of the text layer. It shifts the baseline to the top of the first line in the text box, which puts the Text on the bottom of the path and fouls up adjusting the baseline shift.

Text on a path has always worked this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual screenshots of your own work we can't really tell you much. You could just have messed up the left/ right border setting and then the text just flipped over when there wasn't enough space. Likewise, you could have set some odd baseline shift that affects text positioning. you need to provide more specific info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed ad movie, see descriptoin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you missed the link in my description, I also place the link to my screen movie here:
https://cdn.shopify.com/videos/c/o/v/9b08856e5a2045289a70d639fadc4de9.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want Text to follow a path, you should not drag out a text box, just select the Text tool, click and start typing. The text box will always foul up the placement of the text layer. It shifts the baseline to the top of the first line in the text box, which puts the Text on the bottom of the path and fouls up adjusting the baseline shift.

Text on a path has always worked this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Such a minor detail and so much effect! Thanks for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should behave as you're expecting it to if you create Point Text instead of Area Text (sometimes called Box Text).

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines