Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Texture issues while importing an OBJ model to Element 3D in After Effects

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, my first post here.

The thing is that I have downloaded a free dragon 3D model (GLB file) from Sketchfab, opened correctly in Blender with its texture and modified its animation to achieve the flying loop I wanted.

Then, I exported the model as an OBJ with the “animation” box checked.

Once I import it into Element 3D, the texture is missing and when I try to manually link it’s messed up.

I tried to play with the UV Offset settings from UV Mapping, but it did not work at all.

Can anyone help me out?

And there is also another weird thing. When I look at the dragon from below, part of his wings became invisible. Why is that?

Dragon Sketchfab link: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/animated-dragon-three-motion-loops-eca98cf6cd084c1596cecf716e110c29#...

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance.dragon_texture_wrong1.jpgdragon_texture_wrong2.jpgdragon_texture_wrong3.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Set the material to zwo-sided to make it show up from all angles. the rest would depend on the actual UV map layout and what you have set it to in E3D, but without any screenshots of this nobody can tell you much. Chances are this stuff gets messed up in Blender somehow due to your import/ export procedures...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines