• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The audio of video footage has half length of video length on only MacOS.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem happens only on macOS AE.

I used the video footage and oddly the audio has half length, so when i render the video, the audio and videos is not synchronized.

More strange thing is that when i import the same video with different name, the audio has correct length.

I already tried to clear all the caches and disable to use cache, but they didn't solve the problem.

I check this error on the windows AE, but there is no problem.

Please check the following video.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14ZB4qdaxT3TW6wnkKSFafxhXEUfudskj

It shows erroneous  action.

I checked this error with two versions.

15.1.2 and 16.0.1

Please help if you have any idea.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ginap63921136  wrote

More strange thing is that when i import the same video with different name, the audio has correct length.

At times like this, I write it off to strange application-OS behavior.  You could have an odd character in the file name, for instance. 

Since you already have a solution, I recommend using it and getting on with life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Dave LaRonde

Thank you for your reply.

As you can see in the video, the footage name is "video_1.mp4" and has no special character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than likely this is a problem with frame rate interpretation. Depending on how the video is compressed the Audio Track may not be tied directly to the frame rate. For example, with some compression schemes, you could have the frame rate be 60 but when the file is interpreted as 30 and if the audio is not tied to the frame rate then it could end up being half as long as the video.

Check the file interpretation. Make sure the frame rate of the file matches the actual frame rate of the footage. If that doesn't fix the problem then there is something fouled up in the metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Rick Gerard.

Thank you for your reply.

But the metadata of the file is not corrupted.

And as you can see in the video, the video_2 copy.mp4 is the copy of video_2.mp4.

But AE recognize their audio differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is corrupted or the interpretation is wrong. If metadata was not corrupted and the frame rate is correct then there would be no difference in the way AE treats the file. Something is different. Start by checking here:

Screenshot_2019-06-20 16.15.24_Hkx6ko.png

You can't check footage metadata in After Effects, but you can check it in Bridge and in some Media Player's info panel. Something is fouled up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Something is corrupted or the interpretation is wrong. If metadata was not corrupted and the frame rate is correct then there would be no difference in the way AE treats the file. Something is different. Start by checking here:"

I have checked the video and it is H.264 codec and 30 fps.

I really don't know the reason.

Do you want to check the aep file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines