• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The maximum number of scripts has been added to the script menu error

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to set up my after effects files on a new laptop, and now when I open AE I get this error: "The maximum number of scripts has been added to the script menu error. Please remove a few scripts from the script directory."

I simply copied and pasted my old sciript and script ui file from my old computer to this one, so I'm not quite sure where the error is coming from. I don't even have that many scripts. 

I'm working on the M1 Max macbook with 32gb of ram. Here's a screen shot of my script folder. I'd rather not have to uninstall AE b/c that would require IT, as I don't have access to add and remove Adobe Creative Cloud applications on my own. 

I'm also running into problems now that the menus won't drop down. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 5.12.56 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Scripting , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

OK, so, you have a bunch of subfolders in your "Scripts" folder, including things like "Effects" which maybe shouldn't be in there.

My source says there might be a limit of 99 scripts...

On a clean install of AE, several of the folders you seem to have in "Scripts" look like they belong in "Plug-ins":

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 2.51.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 2.51.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bumping this on Monday morning to see if anyone can help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm definately asking around about this one... You might also ask the same question on AEscripts forums, since they're quite knowledgable... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so, you have a bunch of subfolders in your "Scripts" folder, including things like "Effects" which maybe shouldn't be in there.

My source says there might be a limit of 99 scripts...

On a clean install of AE, several of the folders you seem to have in "Scripts" look like they belong in "Plug-ins":

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 2.51.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 2.51.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help with this. Yeah, it looks like somehow my plugins and scripts folders got combined. I deleted anything that wasn't in the clean install scripts folder and that seems to have fixed it. Very strange, when I left my old job, I compressed all those AE support files into a zip, and then unzipped it and transferred them to my new computer. Maybe there was some user error along the way. :shrug:

Anyway, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It helped so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings, I also had an issue with this message and then it grew to saying there was duplicate plugins & scripts, a real mess. After a lovely respite analyzing why after effects hates me, talking to a board certified therapist and regathering afresh for a serious troubleshoot sess... The answer! I use Directory Opus as a file explorer, and if not careful, drag n drop ops can create an inadvertant shortcut to the folder I'm in. TA-DA I create a loop d' loop for AE's enjoyment. 🙂 I have now addressed DOpus behavior with a preference (why I use it, it is very customizable)

THE LESSON: DO NOT MAKE SHORTCUTS TO THE PLUGIN, SCRIPTS or FOR THAT MATTER, any other folder, inside said folder !!!

Now I'm off to re-enter my script and plugin licenses..... Happy pixelling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines