• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This file contains some media which isn’t compatible with QuickTime Player.

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Mac, and AfterEffects has been a little wonky since. I just finished a project. It included some 3d layers--nothing I haven't used before, though. After it exports quicktime says, "this file contains some media which isn’t compatible with QuickTime Player." It asks if I wish to continue, and when I click yes it makes the video into an audio only. It's super annoying. I thought it might be because of some effect I used, so I screenrecorded the preview then exported the audio and put it over it. Still does not play. Somehow even the screenrecording .mov has "some media which isn’t compatible with QuickTime Player" which simply makes no sense. 

I hate this. 

Please help. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

For anyone else with this problem, make sure you're not exporting using the Animation codec (Output Module Settings > Format Options > Video Codec dropdown). This codec isn't supported in newer versions of macOS Catalina. Use the Apple ProRes 4444 lossless codec instead and you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

setting the render to Apple ProRess 4444 (whatever that is 😛 ) works

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Amber - Try setting the video codec to ProRes 422 instead of 4444. It'll be a smaller file. If that is still too big, there are other codecs in that same list that you can try.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest problem you have is that you did not check the compatibility of Catalina and Adobe Products. Apple dropped all support for 32-bit code of any kind in OSX 10.15. That includes their own Quicktime player. You just jumped the gun. You are either going to have to roll back to 10.14 or wait for AE, and probably a bunch of other apps to be updated. Old files that used codecs that were coded in 32-bit may never work again in QT unless you transcode them into a fully compatible format.

Apple and Adobe both warned users. Just about every Mac blog or forum or news source also gave out the warning. I think you even get a warning when you choose to upgrade. Adobe is not the only company that is having problems with the latest upgrade and there was not much they could do about it, but I can guarantee you that they have people working on the problem. Every 3rd party plug-in developer is also going to have to make sure their software is fully 64-bit compliant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont understand. i just want to convert my video and i dont why its not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warning or not it makes no sense to go backwards with an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

setting the render to Apple ProRess 4444 (whatever that is 😛 ) works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u r the worlds biggest yt saver!

thx so much everyone do this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yah.. I tried that and I can't get it to complete the export because it is trying to convert to a 40+ GB file!!!! D:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amber - Try setting the video codec to ProRes 422 instead of 4444. It'll be a smaller file. If that is still too big, there are other codecs in that same list that you can try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purge it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's before I render that this pops up. It pops up when I try to open clip from my desktop or external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get to the "render" in order to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It's your problem" is not helpful in any way whatsoever but thak you so much anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rendered out through Media Encoder as H.264 and then voila, worked perfectly.

Also I converted the mov file from After Effects as well in the same way and this worked as well 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i used media encoder and my video was in really bad quality. it also wouldnt send to my phone when sending it through imessage from my macbook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! A real solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  I also used Media Encoder to render the non-functional file out as H264...and the new file worked great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont have H.264 or nun of that what do i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! What are you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else with this problem, make sure you're not exporting using the Animation codec (Output Module Settings > Format Options > Video Codec dropdown). This codec isn't supported in newer versions of macOS Catalina. Use the Apple ProRes 4444 lossless codec instead and you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a lifesaver!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. You saved my time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With deepest gratitude, I add my voice to those who say a hearty "Thank You!" You truly got me out of a state of certain impending doom. May all good things come to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These made me smile. Glad to help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolute life saver! I've only lost half of my hair trying to fix this but you have saved me from losing all of it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try this 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines