• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Offset?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat recently (within the last 2 months, I think?) I've noticed that on my timeline in AE, if I position the playback indicator on, for example, the 10 second mark, it isn't actually on that tick mark, it's about 3/4ths of the way from the 29th frame mark before it. Towards the beginning of the timeline it's accurate, but as the timeline progresses it becomes more offset. It's like this for every frame/second marker, and results in the end of my timeline being off by a second or two, so I have to overextend my composition length in order to access the desired end frame (for an 18 second animation I need the composition time to be 18:02 to be able to see 18:00).

I'd almost think it's just my framerate, but if that were the case I should still be able to position my playback indicator accurately as I have in the past, I would think. Unless there is a setting I changed mistakenly, or just something I'm unaware of?

It's a fairly minor thing that I've been able to work around until now, but I'm soon going to have to combine several AE files into one and I'm worried this will become a hindrance.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

That's a very unusual set of frames per second you have there. Try making it just 30. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see a screenshot of your composition settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with a 29.97 fps composition? Please upload the screenshot that Szalam requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your project timebase settings, your comp settings and your footage interpretation. The behavior would be indicative of a framerate mismatch or using drop frames or pulldown somewhere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my composition settings!

comp settings.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very unusual set of frames per second you have there. Try making it just 30. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of framerate is 30.0194? It is not a standard one, adjust that parameter well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines