Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency issues exporting AE

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having trouble exporting a transparent video from AE. I have made the background transparent on my video as well as the fill (only a short animation of the stroke), Everything shows up correct on the AE preview with the right transperincies the problem is the export. When I add it to the render queue I make sure to change the settings to:

QuickTime, RGB + Alpha, Apple ProRes 4444

and it still comes out with a black background... I've tried compressing the file after and selecting preserving but still black. 

Please help! Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program are you bringing the video into?  Are you importing it into something that can accept alpha channels and more importantly can accept ProRes 4444?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am bringing it into WIX, they have a transparent video tab, but it seems even before I drag it into the program the BG persits on my desktop after exporting despite me toggling Transparency on. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had to look that up.  That's impressive that WIX offers it and they do list ProRes 4444 as an accepted format.  That it's not playing on your desktop is less surprising.  The player would need to accept transparency. 

I should have asked this sooner, but if you bring the video back into After Effects, does it retain its alpha channel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To make sure that the exported vides has a transparent BG, import the exported video into after effects and check if the BG is transparent.

Otherwise, you have to try another codecs that Wix supports like: 

Apple Animation (MOV),

PNG Sequence (MOV),

GoPro Cineform (MOV)

AVI uncompressed (AVI)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines