• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent background for an animation

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helloo, I'm a regular middle schooler who happened to have a chemistry presentation next week. I wanted to make a quick animation on after effects and bring it onto my school ipad through google drive so I can imput in into my presentation. The problem is: I cannot make the background transparent and I've tried every tutorial I could find! Through After Effects, via Media Encoder, etc. It may be due to my lack of knoledge of basics in Adobe programs (since I only animate as a hobby) so if you have any advice, please tell me. If there's any information you need, feel free to ask me. As you can see I'm really desprate right now...

sorry, english is my 3rd language.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe the animation, perhaps posting a video or screenshots of what you have done up to now?

You may be using the wrong export settings if transparency is not preserved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a fairly simple one: a few pngs cut out and glued together with puppet pins.

It's not very big, only 750px by 1000px.

Noting too complicated.

I hate chemistry.

(I apologise if I'm replying late and thanks for the reply, I just got out of school....)
Ảnh chụp màn hình 2024-06-07 142808.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mai3682975643jm 

I've moved this from the AME forum to the After Effects forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried multiple settings but it was mainly AVI or QuickTime, RGB + Alpha

On AME it was also QuickTime, Video Codec Apple ProRes 422 HQ or

Animation with depth 8-bpc + alpha but then I couldn't even open it on my laptop:-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Composition menu ->  add to render queue, from render settings select:

Apple pro Res 4444

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If using the After Effects Render Queue to export the Composition, set the Output Module template to "High Quality with Alpha".

If using Adobe Media Encoder to export the Composition, set the Format to QuickTime and the Preset to "Apple ProRes 4444 with alpha".

To check the exported file, import it back into After Effects and then double-click the file in the Project tab to open the Footage panel where the Transparency Grid can be enabled and the view changed from RGB to Alpha (remember to change the view back to RGB).

Any application that supports ProRes 4444 with alpha will see the transparency as well, like Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, Final Cut Pro, and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines