Exit

Trap Code Particular not Showing After Effects

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 21.48.54.png

Hello, 

I have just purchased the TrapCode Suite that has the Particular Effect I want to use from RedGiant by Maxon. I was going to use this in  Adobe Effects that I have on my Mac (as seen in attached, I have the Version 22.6.0 of After Effects).

However, when I click on a layer and go to Effects - RG Trapcode (as instructed in tutorials), the Particular effect doesn't appear. 

Do you know why this might be/ how I might be fix this? Is it because I have too old a version of After Effects or because I have missed a post purchase step? 

Thank you in advance! 

Kind regards, 

Alannah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

22.6 is fine, but I would check that when you installed it you ensure you selected AE 2022 for install. AE is currently at 23.4 / 2023 so it may be the Maxon installer is defaulting to installing the plugins for 2023 only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.6 is fine, but I would check that when you installed it you ensure you selected AE 2022 for install. AE is currently at 23.4 / 2023 so it may be the Maxon installer is defaulting to installing the plugins for 2023 only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your help. 

How would I check this? Would it be in the Maxon App?

Thanks, 

Alannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your help. 

How would I check this? Would it be in the Maxon App?

Thanks, 

Alannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore and see if you can find the Particular plugin in there. That's the location that they need to be installed into to work in AE 2022. If they aren't and reinstalling from the Maxon app doesn't put them there, I would suggest reaching out to Maxon/Red Giant support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - When you say library- application support, is this library on my mac or in a particular app? Apologies if this is obvious! 

Thank you, 

Alannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path in the post above is on your hard drive. You should be able in Finder to open to that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a search of the Effects and Presets panel does not bring up Particular or digging through the Effects menu to find Effects/RG Trapcode/Particular, then the Red Giant suite was not properly installed. Run the Maxon app again and make sure you follow all the steps, then restart AE and look again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines