• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trapcode not installing.

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an error prevented the install from completing. the installation log has been written to the red giant logs directory in program data

please help me to fix this problem.i have done all but not installing.on popups"an error prevented the install from completing. the installation log has been written to the red giant logs directory in programdata"

please guys help

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Hello,

If you have already installed the demo or something, you may need to do the clean uninstallation. After you execute the regular uninstaller of Trapcode Suite, you manually delete the file of *.rgs in the folder below. The *.rgs file is a binary file to control the serial number.

C:\ProgramData\RedGiant\Licenses\

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tel lyou anything without system info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be wise to check the Red Giant support page, since they're the makers of the products.
Beyond that, as Mylenium said, we really can't help you much without more info about your system, and which plugins you're attempting to install.

The latest versions of some of their plugins may not be compatible with previous versions of AE, so if you're not on the CC2018 version, that could be your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you have already installed the demo or something, you may need to do the clean uninstallation. After you execute the regular uninstaller of Trapcode Suite, you manually delete the file of *.rgs in the folder below. The *.rgs file is a binary file to control the serial number.

C:\ProgramData\RedGiant\Licenses\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain more .. ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i trying to install Reg Giant Trapcode 15.1.8 suit, i received an error massage : Some products require host applications which are not installed on this computer. Selection of these products for install will be disabled. i have windows 10 pro ram 8 gb processor core i 3 hdd free space 10 gb after effect and premier pro 2020 beta installed on my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi did you ever find a fix to your problem cause im facing the same exact obstacle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW DO I FIX THE SAME PROBLEM FOR A MAC COMPUTER IM STILL GETTING THE SAME ERROR AND WHEN I DO AN UNINSTALL RED GIANT SAYS THERE IS NO INSTALLATION IN THE SYSTEM OF RED GIANT PRODUCTS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1: Turn off your caps lock.
Step 2: Read the suggestions above, specifically the one about contacting Red Giant support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Firewall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i have same issue and i resolved through following below path

C:\ProgramData\Redgiant

delete all folder of "Redgiant" only

then reinstall your software

thanks me later:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is still following this thread, I am having the same problem and have done everything recommended to do to get rid of the error but nothing has worked and I am still recieving the same error. I have doubled checked storage space, deleted the .rgs file for trapcode manually and i have deleted the RedGiant folder file and am still recieiving an error message. I need 3D Stroke for a project I am working on and have been recieving this error for a few days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I tried everything, installer kept giving an error.

Then I realized although I got an error installing. RED GIANT was installed. It opened and worked fine. So try searching for red giant bt the start menu. It may be working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

____Red Giant FIX_Installation.png

____Red Giant FIX_Installation.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I fix the same problem on Mac OS, cos I did the installation and still trap code can install

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines