• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trapcode (Particle to follow Object)

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create fire/smoke underneth a rocket, like the below video clip.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/85mwB7YhwwA?start=13" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I then want the object and smoke/fire to disappear after it passes the top of the screen.

I'm trying to do it with an object using a Square Box and a Particle from Designer in Trapcode.

I watched a tutorial on YouTube , saying to make a Solid Layer underneth the Object Layer. Then add the Particle, then go to Emitter and hold the Alt Key on the Stop watch of Position. Then pick the Expression Wip and move it the Object Layer's Postion. And then the Particle will follow the Object.

When I do this nothing happens?

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

It looks like you're using a shape layer instead of a solid. Switch to a small solid and I think you'll be golden.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're using a shape layer instead of a solid. Switch to a small solid and I think you'll be golden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's probably working just fine, only your shape layer's group containing the actual square not properly being zeroed out, which is of course soemthing you always have to pay attention to. Otherwise simply use real solids or Nulls to avoid this confusion.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines