• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trapcode (Particular)

Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Rocket Fire (not exactly how I'd like it, but it's still almost how I want it, just too clean looking) in Trapcode using Particular under Cloudlet.

I want to make the length of shorter and keep the width the same. But 'Size' doesn't appear to do this and only increase or decreases a shape's witdth and length simultaneously. How can I just increase the length of the Rocket Fire on it's own?

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 08.42.07.png

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 08.40.05 copy.jpg

 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

I'll see if I can restate the main points Mylenium made, in a slightly more diplomatic way. 🙂
- The solid you apply Particular on should probably be comp size (or at least larger than it currently is). The boundaries of that layer are currently cutting off some of your particles.
- "Size" is the size of the actual particle. I think you're asking about changing the length of the actual visible stream of particles, which means the property you actually want to change is Life (under Particle). This

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workflow doesn't make any sense. Why even apply Particular to a trimmed solid? Your particles are already getting cut off. Trying to manipulate the parameters would therefore be utterly pointless. Particular is a 3D plug-in that can happily reference a Null or Light as an emitter source and that's what you would use, while the effect itself is applied to a full comp size solid. As for making the streak longer - you can:

• increase the lifespan and
  • increase the emission speed and
  • increase the number of particles and
  • reduce the width/ diameter of the emitter cone

Of course you still need to balance out the parameters, but there are no simple answers with such complex particle simulations. In fact just to control the emitter better it would be beneficial if you used a spotlight where the effect will honor the cone settings and you have good visual feedback.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first time using Trapcode, or trying to make a Rocket Fire. So it's not exactly going to make sense, otherwise I wouldn't be asking what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if I can restate the main points Mylenium made, in a slightly more diplomatic way. 🙂
- The solid you apply Particular on should probably be comp size (or at least larger than it currently is). The boundaries of that layer are currently cutting off some of your particles.
- "Size" is the size of the actual particle. I think you're asking about changing the length of the actual visible stream of particles, which means the property you actually want to change is Life (under Particle). This determines how long the particles exist after being emitted - so in this case, how long your rocket's "tail" is. Shorter Life = shorter tail. You'll want to play with the Life Random to give some variation, and probably experiment with Scale Over Life and/or Opacity Over Life so you can control the way they're behaving as they reach the bottom of the tail. 

As this is a third-party product, I'd probably suggest checking out learning resources available from Maxon, who now owns these products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, I did origianlly make the with a comp which gave more flexiblity, I couldn't find a way to make the length shorter etc.

I will use some of your suggestions in the hope of a better result 👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of Particular is definitely just fiddling with the settings until it looks right, but fully understand there are SO MANY properties to tweak that it can be pretty overwhelming at first. I find the Designer very helpful for getting close to the look you want and then adjusting as needed (and being able to dissect it to figure out what's going on.

Let us know if you need some more guidance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good tip, Kyle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines