• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Rendering

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a composition and rendered it.  It rendered just fine.  Today I added some new video and tried to render the comp again with the new bits.  I previewed the whole thing, then hit COMPOSITION, ADD TO RENDER QUE.  Then I chose the destination for the file, and hit the RENDER button.  The video rendered but without any of my new added bits.

after effects issue 6-24-19.jpg

ae problem 6-24-19.jpg

Can anyone tell from these screen shots (one showing comp and the other showing render que) perhaps, what I've done wrong?  Grateful for all help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell from the screenshots. My quick fix would be select everything in the Render Queue, hit delete to clean it all out. Then try your render again. Might be good to brush up on the basics of rendering.
Basics of rendering and exporting in After Effects CC

Unrelated but it may be a good idea to either set your work area to just the section with video. Choose your longest layer, press O, then press N. OR change the Comp length to the length of the media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you double-checked that the added layers actually have transparency?  I kind of doubt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,  Could you elaborate a little more on that?  I'm a beginner just following a tutorial.  When I preview play the composition, everything looks great, but once it renders all I see is the original video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see any difference in the content of the comp between the two screenshots. There are two butterflies, a hummingbird and a bunch of things that look vaguely like cacti.

I see that Render 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 appear to be the same comp but that the render time is 0 seconds. There are cactus humming bird 2.0 comps that took 8 seconds to render. This makes me wonder what changed and what is going on.

What tutorial are you following? If you are new you should be going through the tutorials on the After Effects product page first. I don't see much doing on in your comp that is instructive. You have to make sure that the tutorials you are looking at are done by folks that know what they are doing. Most of the tutorials I see on YouTube are presented by enthusiasts that don't really know what they are doing, they leave out critical information, and more than half the time they present dead-end and inefficient workflows. Make sure you know who you are taking your advice from. The biggest thing that makes me think the tutorial you are looking at is that the name of the comp is misspelled. I know what a hummingbird is but what is a humming bird? Is that a bird that doesn't know the words to the tune?

If something as simple as purging the cache does not fix the problem and render times for the 30-second comp that only has about 8 seconds of content in it is really only 0 seconds, then there is something wrong with your workflow that is probably directly related to the tutorial. I suggest that you start right here in the Overview​ section of this forum. You'll find some tutorials that will help you understand how AE actually works and point you down the path to efficient workflows and success.

Screenshot_2019-06-25 19.14.10_AiQhVm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines