Twixtor Glitch

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow friends. I am having trouble with Twixtor Pro as everytime I duplicate a pre-composed layer with Twixtor Pro on the footage inside the pre-composed layer, and time-reverse the duplicated layer, the Twixtor Pro would make a glitchy warpy screen. I have tried everything which is clearing prefs, clearing the After Effects file in appdata and roaming, I have updated my graphics driver yet it still appears. Please help I need it to be fixed I have to do this project soon. Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022
It's perhaps fair to say that this isn't the best workflow due to how those temporal plug-ins work. Not saying that there isn't a bug or issue, but all things considered it may be more efficient to just pre-render the sequence and re-import it, then reverse it. Other than that you can always try to tweak the settings within the plug-in like turning off its own GPU acceleration. In complex scenarios software-only rendering tends to be more reliable due to how AE handles its internal time calculat...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's perhaps fair to say that this isn't the best workflow due to how those temporal plug-ins work. Not saying that there isn't a bug or issue, but all things considered it may be more efficient to just pre-render the sequence and re-import it, then reverse it. Other than that you can always try to tweak the settings within the plug-in like turning off its own GPU acceleration. In complex scenarios software-only rendering tends to be more reliable due to how AE handles its internal time calculations.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, sir. It's a bit sad how plug-ins are sometimes not working permanently, but I guess rendering the slow-mo clip and re-importing it is the only way. Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have only one basic workflow when using Twixtor. I developed this workflow to save time

1. Add my trimmed footage to the composition
  2. Set an in and out point for the footage and pre-compose but do not move all attributes to the new comp
  3. Turn off the footage Pre-comp
  4. Add a new comp sized solid to the comp the length of the composition and set an in-point if needed
  5. Add Twixtor to the new solid, point to the pre-comp as the source
  6. Make your Twixtor adjustments
  7. Pre-compose the footage pre-comp and the solid, then Render and Replace the pre-comp using the Composition menu

You should now have a clean, visually lossless, retimed copy of the footage that you can use again and again, retime again and add effects to complete the composite.

This solves the rendering and timing issues you face when adding more effects or time changes to the retimed footage. It will save time in the long run. You will have better results. Sending a comp to the Render Queue or the AME with even one Twixtor effect applied and a stack of other effects is just asking for trouble.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines