• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to allocate 0.002MB of memory

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac 3.4GH 16GB of ram. I don't understand why I should suddenly be getting this message. I am using Mavericks 10.9. I use after effects CC the latest version.

Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 16.37.54.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

The After Effects CC (12.2) update fixes this.

Let us know how it works for you after you've installed the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 118 Replies 118
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Big old screen renderings involving lots of projectors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Big old screen renderings involving lots of projectors.

what is your render output? tell us more about your setup. this problem is because some effect or composition/layer dimensions is getting to a too high pixel count, making you run out of memory. either try to setup you compositions in a different way or try the secret menu. this maybe only solve itself by changing your setup. Ae has a resolution limit and while it's documented at 30k, it runs out of memory often before it reaches it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up changing my memory to 128GB for another project and the problem went away. Now I'm not sure which comp it was exactly. If it pops up again I'll include project settings with the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok glad you solved it for now. do you mean you reserved 0gb for other applications  in the memory settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have 10GB reserved for applications and 118GB for CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it doesn't fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error all the time too with Trapcode Psunami. Very frustrating. 2015 MBP, 16GB RAM, updated software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BMonnone,

Sorry about this. Can you file a bug? We are working hard on a fix and could use your input. Thanks!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Has anything been fixed in regards to this? I'm getting the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deellymg  wrote

Hey. Has anything been fixed in regards to this? I'm getting the same issue.

What, exact, version number of After Effects are you using? Is it something like 14.2.x?

Some fixes for some of the minor causes of this issue have been in previous versions of AE.

An Adobe employee (Kevin), earlier in this thread, has indicated that there is likely to be a bug fix for the major causes of this issue in the upcoming release (which has not come out yet).

In the meantime, there may be ways to work around the problem (such as transcoding footage, etc.), but it depends on what is causing the issue to trigger on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug fix update today that is supposed to fix some memory issues. Hopefully this issue is fixed too.

See the Adobe blog post for more information: A June 2017 Update to After Effects CC Is Now Available | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Please let us know if it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jup same problem here, and my colleague as well by the way. We both run the latest version and are on fast new macs. Pops up 10 times a day. My colleague even needs to force quit half of the time. Really annoying! This problem is there since 2013, come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Siebe,

Very sorry for this issue. There is a strong possibility that we will have fix in place here for the upcoming release, however. With that said, if you have time, please file a bug here. We'd like to nail down any issues around this bug and your report would help us a lot.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Very frustrating.  Happens every couple minutes when I am trying to preview simple animations.  I filed a report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using After Effects cc2018 and CC2019 on a iMac Pro with the same error, everytime when I save/close a project - See screenshots

Would be great to get fast reply and a solution for this unbelievable error.

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 12.49.18.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 12.49.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

83401191_10216916680932838_719247811937304576_n.jpg

any solutions on this error ? excluding the adding of RAM 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! 

I'm getting the same thing when running Auto Trace, tried everything. 

Running latest AE CC on an iMac Pro 10 core, 64Gb RAM and Vega 56.

Even tried just exporting the pre-comp as a Prores file, exactly the same problem.

Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines