• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to allocate enough memory to render current frame

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to render a composition that is less than 30 seconds long but at the same spot I keep getting this message. How do I fix this?Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 12.45.30 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from Peru Bob's link, sift through the project whether any effects have crazy settings. effects running amok is the most likely cause for such errors, after all.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much memory (RAM) does your computer have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My macbook air has 8 GB of RAM installed. I went to that link and tried almost everything and it still fails at the same place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for After Effects:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html

You need at least 16 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...particularly for such a large video frame (9,600 X 5,400 px).  The length of the composition is irrelevant, but Ae needs enough memory to render each frame. Do you have effects applied to that layer as well? If so, which?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if my computer apparently "doesn't meet the minimum requirements for After Effects", what can I do in order to fix my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upgrade the computer so that it meets the minimum requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean update my macOS? Because I currently have catalina. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, upgrade your hardware: get more RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get more RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, with the laptop you have - a Macbook Air - I don't believe you can upgrade the RAM, as it's soldered onto the motherboard. So, rather than buying a new computer... please let us know:

Why do you need output this big - what are you doing with it?
Does your composition / layers have effects applied, and if so what are they?

If we have this information we *might* be able to offer some help in rendering out this composition with the computer resources you have. Otherwise you'll have to find someone who can render this for you on a machine with more RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The composition itself is very simple- it is just an edit with zoom in's and out's. The only effects applied to the composition are MBL, twixtor, and sapphire plugins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However I may be able to open after effects on another computer (a Mac) so is there a way to transfer the aep files to that computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have to check with the authors of the plugins you're using to see if you could temporarily transfer / use them on another machine. It depends on their individual licencing arrangements.

One final thing I would suggest: Do you have to render at that size?  Could you render at 50% or 75% size and scale up the resulting video once output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the size to 50 or 75%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you rendering out through the Render Queue? Or Media Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines