• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change text color of single word

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am by no means an advanced AE user.  I can make things move around and manipulate keyframes but that's pretty much the extent of my AE skills.  My current gig is to simply modify already produced templates.  I've come across a template that just won't let me change the color of a single word in the text layer.  Selecting the intended text and using the color selector in the character side panel doesn't do anything at all.  Changing Fill Over Stroke does nothing.   I'm only able to change the color of the entire text by going into the layers effects, then Fill 3 (the 4th one down) is the only one that will change the text color.  I have no idea what the other fills are doing there.  I'm sure they have a purpose but changing their color does nothing.

I'm hoping the attached pic will give you an idea as to what's going on.  Changing fill 1, 4 & 2 to any color did nothing at all.  Only Fill 3 changed the text color.

Thanks for any help.

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 3.47.37 PM.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Just delete all the fill effects and change the colors using the text tool and character panel

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if it matters v18.4.0 on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just delete all the fill effects and change the colors using the text tool and character panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like the fill effets weren't doing anything really.  Deleted all 4 and like you said just change the color via text tool.  Yay!  Multiple colors now!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Fill effect isn't the right approach, but you can change the colours of words using the text animator tools and limit the effect using the Range options:

word colour.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines