• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to read VR Path Registry from C:\Users\kgs2n\AppData\Local\openvr\openvrpaths.vrpath

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I'm trying to render from command line but i got this error . Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange... do you have any problems rendering in AE or AME with the same project? I'm assuming it's a VR project, what effects are you using?

You could try changing the permissions of that directory in case that's the issue.

Looks like others had the same problem without a resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Justintaylor.

i have no problem rendering in AR.Its just a simple test project with single footage layer. No effects applied , no vr. I tried this in 2018 and 2019 both but shows same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, did you try giving more permissions to the User and System for that folder and subfolders? Sounds like whatever folder that is can't be accessed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‘ve just noticed there is no

openvr\openvrpaths.vrpath.

so I manually created  openvr folder,empty text file and named it  openvrpaths.vrpath.

but still shows same error messag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am facing the same issue!  aerender.exe spits that out, followed by "Unable to call OpenFast because of parameter 1.  Path is not valid."

Tried online support--even asked for and got the video team.  *shakes head*  A lot of good that did.

After 15 minutes of them clearly not being engaged or paying attention (they provided me in-depth instructions on how to trash my PREMIERE preferences) I gave up.

The Adobe forums seem to be littered with this error dating back to 2016.  Multiple people reported they filed bug reports back then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines