• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to type an accent over an "o"

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to type an accent over an "o" in AE... The character Ø displays. Or I can get an accent after the letter O ´. I even tried copying and pasting the accented letter from another source, but it just shows as an "o" without the accent. I need to type the name "Rendón" AE just wont let me do it. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried. Its not the font. I think the "alt/option+E" command is a separate shortcut in AE as rather than providing the normal highlighted accent notification in the text area it opens a long window at the top of the interface. Does any one know what the option+E shortcut is in AE? And if I can kill it? Maybe that will work...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this JUST happened to me ALSO!! I was editing and got my fingers mixed up when typing, next thing I know everytime I type Option+e it opens this ridiculous white bar on the screen! SO FRUSTRATING!!
I'll come back if I find a solution for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable the Windows tablet support and on-screen keyboard in the respective system settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium. Thanks for the response.
So, I'm on a Mac, I have a Wacom Bamboo, never gave me conflict problems before. This was clearly some key combination I pressed and can't figure out what it was. Normally it's something related to accessibility options, but all of them are disabled here. No onscreen keyboard either, that's not the case.
Anyway, thanks for your try! 🙂
Problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit cumbersome but I ended up typing in Pages on Mac, did a long press on O to make the accent options appear, picked the right one and copy pasted it to AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Franco, thanks for this, but it was fixed with an AE update this past year. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! How can we do it now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on a Mac... so just like in any other app: "option+(accent letter)", followed by the letter getting the accent.
Option+e = ´
Option+i = ˆ
Option+c = ç
Option+n = ˜
And so forth and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines