• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use Text Styling (setFontSize - leading, tracking) for text.sourceText Essential Property

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, I can use setText() but the other Text Styling Properties for setFontSize, setLeading and setTracking do nothing in the Nested/Essential Property Comp.  

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Hi Theresa, thanks for the reply. While prepping an AEP for you, I dug in a little deeper.

It's a user-error on my part. 😞

In the earlier Nesting Procedure, in the Parent Comp, I had the FontSize Property in the text.sourceText Expression linked to another property.  😄

So, everything works as expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RKahlenberg,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you mind sending over a project so I can diagnose what's going wrong? Also are you seeing this on Windows or Mac?

Thanks!
Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa, thanks for the reply. While prepping an AEP for you, I dug in a little deeper.

It's a user-error on my part. 😞

In the earlier Nesting Procedure, in the Parent Comp, I had the FontSize Property in the text.sourceText Expression linked to another property.  😄

So, everything works as expected. 

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ooops! It's not working. 

It's the issue where changing the text.sourceText of a Text Layer Essential Property disables changing Text Styling. 

If I do not edit text.sourceText for the Text Layer Essential Property then changing fontStyling works.
I believe this is a known issue. Is there a workaround or an expected fix to this?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines