Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unavailable fonts when no internet connection

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with FONTS in both Premiere Pro and After Effects.
When there is no internet connection, and I open a project, After Effects shows me an info that fonts that I used are missing, and changes my font into another one. Such situation is very problematic for me, because there are situations that there is no internet connection in the area where I live, and I can't work - because I have no access to fonts that I need or used in the project.

Does anyone know, how to resolve that problem?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this depends on one factor (I think). Are you using fonts from Adobe Fonts? Adobe Fonts has a feature that enables fonts for you at any time but does not "install" them onto your computer. If you need these fonts, look them up on Google and install them from other websites.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

So it looks like all of this "cloud" stuff doesn't work on a very professional level... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works the way they intend it to, so that you do not actually own any of it, you just have a license to use it. A very expensive license, that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it's a trade-off.  On a "professional" level you would have to actually purchase certain fonts which could cost hundreds of dollars.  The Adobe fonts feature gives you access to SOME fonts you would otherwise have to pay for but you need to be connected to their server to work with them.   Best bet is to avoid the cloud based fonts, or purchase the fonts outright which will allow you to download them to a local directory and always have access to them.  

There's also sites like fontzone.net  and  dafont.com where you can search fonts and download them to your computer.  Some are free some are not and some have restrictions

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines