• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo trim comp to work area.

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to anyone reading, I made a big screw up and I'm wondering if there's a way to recover.

I have a two and a half minute video that I accidentally trimmed to the middle off with lots of images and movement across it. I've reset the time to it's proper settings but the images and such outside of the previously trimmed to area are now just incredibly small slivers.

Is there a way to restore my video in any semblance to what it used to be without redoing all the work? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Trim Comp to WorkArea is destructive. Your way back to sanity is to use the Undo feature. And if you've exhausted the number of Undo's, there is the AutoSave or manual save options. It should be noted that even if you are able to Undo, you will lose your work, from the point forward of the Undo you selected to revert to.

It should be noted that the shortcut key (CTRL+SHIFT+X) for Trim Comp to WorkArea sits very close to other frequently used shortcuts. Then, add the fact that Trim Comp to WorkAre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Auto Save folder for previous versions of your project that were saved prior to the problem.

Otherwise, you shouldn't have lost any work.  It should just be a matter of dragging the layers out to their original durations.  The keyframes, effects etc should all still be in place.

Remember that you can select and drag multiple layers simultaneously, which may save you some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Auto Save folder, find the latest auto save without your mistake and then copy and paste the comps from the messed up project into the old one. At least that worked for me. Horrible feeling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trim Comp to WorkArea is destructive. Your way back to sanity is to use the Undo feature. And if you've exhausted the number of Undo's, there is the AutoSave or manual save options. It should be noted that even if you are able to Undo, you will lose your work, from the point forward of the Undo you selected to revert to.

It should be noted that the shortcut key (CTRL+SHIFT+X) for Trim Comp to WorkArea sits very close to other frequently used shortcuts. Then, add the fact that Trim Comp to WorkArea has a stealthy nature when first applied, it becomes apparent that a user may inadvertently hit this shortcut and not realize it until it's too late.

I've actually removed this shortcut; using CC2018's Keyboard Shortcuts Visualizer.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me today, I couldn't find a solution online. Luckily, I found a way. What I did was I selected all layers and made a new composition with the original time before the composition was trimmed. Paste all the layers, they will need some adjustments but the their order, keyframes, and positions are preserved.

This saved me from having to redo a 15-minute video 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines